Full day (8 hrs) small group tour of all iconic attractions in Plovdiv
- Pickup: 9 am from Alexander Nevski Square in central Sofia
- Expected time to return to Sofia is 5:00 pm.
- Total transfer time: 4 hrs in total
- Sightseeing time: 5-6 hrs
Group tour is available:
Every Monday and Friday during the period April – November (30 EUR pp.)
Every Tuesday, Thursday. Saturday during the period December – March (40 EUR pp.)
Private tour on any date – upon request.
Plovdiv, also called the “City of the seven hills’’ is the oldest city in Europe still existing today. It was called Philippopolis in the IV century B.C. in honor of King Philip II of Macedonia. Today Plovdiv is a cultural center of Bulgaria and selected as European Capital of Culture for 2019.
Walking tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv impressive with the houses-museums of the Revival period like the Ethnographical museum; the Ancient Theater, the Fortress walls, the oldest church in the city – “St. St. Constantine and Helena”, etc. We will see the Muslim temple Dzhoumaya Mosque and the Roman Stadium on the main street of Plovdiv. On this unforgettable tour you will learn a lot of intriguing stories, funny urban legends and striking historical facts.
Price: 30 EUR per person (April – November)
The price includes:
- English speaking guide-driver
- All transportation with a modern vehicle equipped with A/C.
- Meals, drinks etc. personal expenses
- Entrance fees (entrance fees are optional 10-15 BGN/5-8 Euro for the attractions in Plovdiv), a 3-course lunch usually comes up to 10-15 BGN/5-8 Euros per adult)
Extra: Hotel pick-up is 5 Euro per reservation (not per person)