Balkan Tour from Bucharest to Belgrade
14 days tour/9 countries
Romania – Bulgaria – Macedonia – Albania – Montenegro – Croatia –Bosnia – Slovenia – Serbia
Day 1 – Bucharest – Bran (Dracula Castle) – Brasov (L, D)
Arrival to Bucharest airport at 0830. Meet & assist, transfer to Bran village, where the world famous Dracula castle is located.
In the afternoon – visit of Brasov – a medieval city, founded in XII c. Sightseeing tour of the historical city center with the old city-hall, and the Black Church – the main Gothic style monument in the country.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Brasov.
Day 2 – Brasov – Bucharest (B, L, D)
After breakfast – departure to Bucharest and panoramic tour of the Romanian capital – the Royal Palace, the University’s Library, the City-Hall and other interesting sights of the city also called “the little Paris” because of the similar architecture style of the buildings. Inside visit of Parliament Palace – the second largest building by surface area in the world after the Pentagon in USA.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Bucharest.
Day 3 – Bucharest – Veliko Tarnovo – Sofia (B, L, D)
After breakfast – departure to Veliko Tarnovo – the old capital of Bulgaria. Visit the historical hill Tsarevets with the Fortress, the Patriarchal church and the Emperor Baldwin’s Tower. Walk along the old trade street “Samovodska”.
Departure to Sofia.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Sofia.
Day 4 – Sofia – Rila Monastery – Skopje (B, L, D)
After breakfast – sightseeing tour of Sofia with Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (photo stop), National Assembly Building (outer view), St George Rotunda (outer view), Slaveykov Square, Statue of Sveta Sofia.
Departure to Rila Monastery (X c.)- the biggest Bulgarian spiritual center since the Middle Ages, an UNESCO monument.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Skopje.
Day 5 – Skopje – Ohrid Lake – Tirana (B, L, D)
After breakfast – sightseeing tour of Skopje with Memorial of Mother Teresa and Old Bazaar.
En route photo stop in Ohrid – the pearl of Lake Ohrid, UNESCO site
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Tirana.
Day 6 – Tirana – Skoder – Budva (B, L, D)
After breakfast – panoramic sightseeing tour of the Albanian capital city Tirana including some of the historical highlights as city center, Skanderbeg statue, Et’hme bey mosque, clock tower, Italian buildings, and Martyr’s of the Nation boulevard.
En route visit of Skoder with Rozafa castle.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Budva.
Day 7 – Budva – Kotor – Dubrovnik (B, L, D)
After breakfast – departure to Kotor to enjoy the panoramic views over the Boka Kotorska bay.
Sightseeing tour of Dubrovnik with Rector’s Palace (photo stop), Dominican Monastery (photo stop), Old Francisan Monastery
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Dubrovnik.
Day 8 – Dubrovnik – Mostar – Sarajevo (B, L, D)
After breakfast – departure to Mostar for a walking tour – Old Bridge over the Neretva River, old city alleys full of shops and market stalls.
Departure to Sarajevo – the vibrant capital of Bosnia, which still remembers the war time. Sightseeing tour with visit Bascarsijia and Latin Bridge
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Sarajevo.
Day 9 – Sarajevo – Plitvice (B, L, D)
After breakfast – visit Plitviče Lakes National Park is a 295-sq.-km forest reserve in central Croatia. It’s known for a chain of 16 terraced lakes, joined by waterfalls that extend into a limestone canyon. Boat rental included.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Plitvice area hotel.
Day 10 – Plitvice – Postojna cave – Ljubljana (B, L, D)
After breakfast – visit Postojna Cave (entrance at 12:00, 13:00 or 14:00) – a 24,340 m long karst cave system created by the Pivka River.
Arrival in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana to visit the historical city centre. Take cable car to enjoy panoramic view over the city form the top.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Ljubljana.
Day 11 – Ljubljana – Lake Bled – Zagreb (B, L, D)
After breakfast – departure to Bled, a Slovenian resort town in the foothills of the Julian Alps. Visit the 11th-century Bled Castle overlooking the lake. Boat trip to the lake’s center to visit the Pilgrimage Church of the Assumption of Maria.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Zagreb.
Day 12 – Zagreb – Belgrade (B, L, D)
After breakfast – sightseeing tour of Zagreb with a local Italian speaking guide. Walking tour will lead us through the Old City including ‘Gornji Grad’ with its famous XIII century Cathedral, St. Mark’s Basilica, Ban Jelačić square, Zagreb cathedral (outside).
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Belgrade.
Day 13 – Belgrade – Novi Sad – Belgrade (B, L, D)
After breakfast we depart to Novi Sad – the Serbian pearl on the Danube river. Sightseeing tour around the city and visit to the Petrovaradin Fortress.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Belgrade.
Day 13 – Belgrade (B, L, D)
After breakfast – sightseeing tour around Belgrade with Church of St Sava, Kalemegdan fortress, Skadarlija old town, strall along the main pedestrian street Knyaz Mihaylova.
Early dinner and transfer to airport for the evening flight at around 20:00
|15+1 TL||1 930,00 €||385,00 €|
|20+1 TL||1 770,00 €||369,00 €|
|25+1 TL||1 695,00 €||369,00 €|
|15+1 TL||1 975,00 €||415,00 €|
|20+1 TL||1 815,00 €||405,00 €|
|25+1 TL||1 735,00 €||405,00 €|
1 TL free of charge in SGL room including all the services
Note: prices are valid with arrival date between 16th May and 15th June 2018
Accommodation in the above hotels, or similar:
- 1 overnight at Brasov Htl Ramada 4*
- 1 overnight at Bucharest Htl Ramada Park 4*
- 1 overnight at Sofia Htl Ramada 4*
- 1 overnight at Skopje Htl Holiday Inn 4*
- 1 overnight at Tirana Htl Colosseo 4*
- 1 overnight at Budva area Htl Iberostar Bellevue 4*
- 1 overnight at Dubrovnik area Grand htl Park 4*
- 1 overnight at Sarajevo area Htl Hollywood 4*
- 1 overnight at Plitvice area Htl Jezero 3*
- 1 overnight at Ljubljana area Austria Trend hotels 4*
- 1 overnight at Zagreb area Htl International 4*
- 2 overnights at Belgrade Htl Prag 4*
Meals according to the program in local or hotel’s restaurants (3 course with bread and water included):
- 13 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners
- Asian restaurants are available in Bucharest, Sofia, Sarajevo, Ljubljana.
- Supplement for drinks – coffee or tea – 2 EUR per person per meal
- Bran Castle
- Brasov Black Church
- Bucharest Palace of Parliament
- Veliko Tarnovo Tsarevets
- Rila Monastery (excluding history museum)
- Skopje Memorial of Mother Teresa (FOC)
- Tirana National historical museum
- Kotor City tax
- Dubrovnik Rector palace-outside/ no entrance
- Dubrovnik Dominican monastery – outside / no entrance
- Dubrovnik Franciscan monastery
- Mostar Old bridge – no entrance
- Sarajevo Baščaršija – no entrance
- Latin bridge – no entrance
- Plitvice NP entrance – boat included
- Postojna Cave Guided entrance with train included
- Ljubljana Cable car – return
- Bled Pletna boat
- Bled St Mary church
- Bled Castle
- Zagreb Gornji grad, Church of St Marko, Ban Jelačić square, Zagreb cathedral (outside)
- Novi Sad Petrovaradin Fortress
Transportation service throughout:
- Mini coach or coach according to the program, starting from day 1 in Bucharest airport till day 14 at Belgrade airport including all parking fees, road and border taxes, accommodation and meals for the driver
- Vehicles quoted as follows:
- 15+1 PAX: 25-29 seater mini bus
- 20+ PAX: 44-49 seater coach
Local city English speaking guides:
- HD Bran & Brasov
- HD Bucharest
- HD Veliko Tarnovo
- FD Sofia & Rila Monastery
- HD Skopje
- HD Tirana
- HD Shkoder
- HD Kotor
- HD Dubrovnik
- HD Mostar
- HD Sarajevo
- HD Plitvice
- HD Ljubljana
- HD Bled
- HD Zagreb
- HD Novi Sad
- HD Belgrade
Optional guides and escorts:
- Supplement for Chinese speaking city guides (available in Bran, Brasov, Sofia, Rila Monastery, Tirana, Skoder) – 100 EUR per guide
- Supplement for English speaking tour escorts (2-3 escorts for the whole tour) – 1250 EUR per group
- Supplement for Chinese speaking tour escorts (2-3 escorts for the whole tour) – 2100 EUR per group
- Note 1: in case of hiring tour escorts, city guides in some locations will be no longer needed because the escort is doing also guiding. So supplement for tour escorts given are with city guides excluded
- Note 2: tour escorts will be responsible for dealing with the local suppliers – hotels, transport, entrances and meals, which will make the job of the tour leader much easier
- Note 3: Chinese speaking guides and escorts are very limited in numbers and they have to be booked very early in advance. Availability to be confirmed at the moment of the booking